Thursday, January 3, 2008

Philosophy of Film

I love movies, I really do. Pay no attention to my snarky, pessimistic comments or my constant rejection of your invitations to the theatre. There is nothing better than sitting down and getting lost in a good movie. Unfortunately movies and Hollywood are attached at the hip (read wallet) and I don't like blindly supporting this industry by shelling out 10 bucks a pop to wade through garbage. There are entirely too many "films" that get made for no other reason that some schmuk is going to buy a ticket, a soundtrack, a t-shirt and themed action figures. Its my job as a responsible consumer to spend my dollars wisely and support the art, not the industry. The best way for me to do this is to exercise patience, wait for sound reviews and avoid movies ending in III.

No comments: