Monday, March 14, 2011

Richmond Love & Strawberry Beer



- More love for Richmond and the VMFA! Haven't yet seen the Picasso exhibit (still waiting for the lines to die down) but will make sure to appreciate the non-european offerings in the meantime.


- The weather has been fantastic lately, and for some reson that always conicides with great times with friends. Hiked Old Rag on saturday and then celebrated the wife's birthday the following morning (Happy Birthday!) with a pancake party. She has worked incredibly hard this past year and I have a good feeling it is going to pay off in a big way. As a pre-birthday present I purchased a 6er of Abita Strawberry Harvest Lager, and they aren't lying!It tastes like strawberries, almost too much so, and is much sweeter than expected. But she likes it and thats all that matters. I have always been impressed with Abita's brews (i think its their spring water) and this hits the spot while yearning for warmer weather.

- And lastly, I found this fantastic stop motion video of the ENTIRE APPALACHIAN TRAIL! As an avid hiker myself and someone who has through-hiking the AT on their bucket list, I cannot begin to express how this video makes me feel. It alos doesnt hurt the the creator is a fellow Richmonder and VCU Alum. Lets all help cheer on the Rams against USC tonight!

No comments: